Estes Park, Colorado

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tomorrow's Joke...

"The crisis of today is the joke of tomorrow" - H.G. Wells

When we're in the midst of a dreadful time, it often helps to remember that one day we'll be able to tell a great story about it, one we'll laugh at. We'll laugh because, in retrospect, what we thought was a crisis really wasn't so serious after all. Or we'll laugh because we made it through the crisis and came out stronger on the other side.

I have been pouring over all of my inspirational books for days now, desperately searching for words, phrases, and prayers to help me keep the nasty, negative and pessimistic attitude I have lurking inside me, at bay. If there's one thing that I don't want, is to look back at this dark time in my life, and wish I would have handled it with more maturity. But that nastiness and negativity is right under the surface...right on the tip of my tongue. It is literally all I can do not to utter a thousand curse words at God right now. It's all I can do to not walk into my director's office and tell him how I really feel. And it's all I can do to keep a smile on my face every day. I am so beat down...both physically and emotionally.

Reading the above daily inspiration, reminds me, again, that this time in my life is only temporary. I know I have said that numerous times already...but reitterating it over and over again helps me actually believe it. And if I have to say it a hundred more times in order to get through this time, you better believe I will do just that.

Today's affirmation: "I'll try to keep my perspective, remembering that even the worst day is only one small moment in my life".

Today I pray: "May God keep me from worrying unduly about small things. May He, instead, open my eyes to the grandeur of His universe and the ceaseless wonders of His earth. May He grant me the breadth of vision which can reduce any small, fretful concern of mine to the size of a fly on a cathedral window".

0 comments: