Estes Park, Colorado

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

This could explain so much...

My friend sent me this article yesterday, and I thought it was pretty interesting.
http://www.aolhealth.com/2010/06/16/study-human-brain-naturally-distorts-body-image

It is so true that people with EDs see their bodies so much differently than the rest of the world. People tell me all the time, "you're so tiny". But when I look in the mirror, I do not see a tiny person...I see a large, unattractive person. Even when I see pictures of myself, I still see the same thing. It's odd though...I can look at other girls and think they are beautiful...regardless of their size. I just wish that I could see the same beauty in my own reflection.

Read the article, and let me know your thoughts.

Today's affirmation: "I will not be hard on myself today".

0 comments: